If you're starting your journey near the Fort Lauderdale Port, there are several fantastic places nearby that you can explore before or after your cruise. Here are some top recommendations:
1. Fort Lauderdale Beach: Just a stone's throw away from the port, Fort Lauderdale Beach offers beautiful sandy shores, crystal clear waters, and a vibrant beachfront scene. Take a stroll along the bustling promenade, soak up the sun, or indulge in water sports activities like snorkeling or paddleboarding.
2. Las Olas Boulevard: Located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, Las Olas Boulevard is a popular destination for shopping, dining, and entertainment. Browse through boutique shops, art galleries, and enjoy a wide array of restaurants and cafes. Don't miss the opportunity to explore the scenic surroundings, including the Intracoastal Waterway.
3. Bonnet House Museum & Gardens: Immerse yourself in the beauty of Bonnet House, an enchanting historic estate that features stunning gardens, an art gallery, and a fascinating insight into Florida's history. Take a guided tour to learn about the property, its architecture, and the art collection.
4. Stranahan House Museum: Dive into Fort Lauderdale's history by visiting the Stranahan House Museum, a preserved 1901 pioneer home that provides a glimpse into the city's early days. Take a guided tour to learn about the Stranahan family and their impact on the area.
5. Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale: Located along the New River, Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale is a scenic promenade that stretches for 2.5 miles. Enjoy a leisurely walk or bike ride, visit the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, or explore the variety of shops, restaurants, and galleries along the way.
6. Everglades National Park: If you have more time to spare, consider venturing into the Everglades National Park, located about an hour's drive from Fort Lauderdale. Take an airboat tour to explore the unique ecosystem, spot wildlife such as alligators and birds, and learn about the importance of this UNESCO World Heritage site.
7. Hollywood Beach: Just south of Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood Beach is another beautiful stretch of shoreline with a lively boardwalk. Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, rent a bike or rollerblade along the oceanfront promenade, and savor delicious cuisine at the beachside cafes and restaurants.
8. Sawgrass Mills: For shopping enthusiasts, make a trip to Sawgrass Mills, one of the largest outlet malls in the United States. With over 350 stores, you'll find a wide selection of designer brands, discounted prices, and a range of dining options to satisfy your cravings.
These are just a few highlights of what you can explore near the Fort Lauderdale Port. Whether you're looking for beach relaxation, cultural experiences, or adventure, this area has something to offer for everyone. Enjoy your time in Fort Lauderdale, and if you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask!